CORONAVIRUS GUIDANCE – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE.
We are well into this pandemic. The only thing for certain is, nothing is for certain. I have personally booked my own short breaks and holidays for later in 2021. I did so knowing that the local rules may change, but also with the view that things will get better. It fair lifts the spirits to have something to look forward to. In that light we take your booking in good faith that the lockdown restrictions will have been lifted and visitors are welcome. In the event that lockdown changes in any part of the UK that will stop you coming, you will be offered a change of date (subject to any upwards price change), a credit, or a refund minus a £25 admin charge. Please understand that this offer is based on the rules at the time and not on if you ‘think’ the rules will change.
Booking Protection –
I always travel with insurance. You have the option of taking Booking Protection. This will cover you in the event of illness and other causes as explained in their cover. If you are planning well in advance, or booking a high value holiday, we recommend you consider this.
WELCOME TO BOWATER
Bowater Cottage sits at the end of a private driveway, giving it that tucked-away feeling. The cottage has its own entrance leading into a small hallway and then into a modern kitchen. It has all the crockery and equipment you will need for a self-catering holiday. The lounge has a floor to ceiling window to make the most of the view while giving it an open and bright feeling. The French doors open up onto a patio seating area with patio furniture. Central heating is by a gas combi-boiler with instant hot water.
Introducing the viewing deck
As seen in the picture gallery there is a viewing deck with a covered seating area to the front of the cottage. Perfect for artists and nature lovers. This is the place to sit in all weathers and watch the coming-and-goings on the loch. Bring your binoculars. The wildlife count includes: Gannets, seals, goldfinches, jays, herons, cormorants, oyster catchers, curlews, eider duck, red squirrels, buzzards, mergansers, dabchicks and a fleeting sparrowhawk. See what you can add… Leonard & Fiona use this occasionally but guests are welcome to relax here any time they like.
Privacy: Bowater Cottage is built adjacent to Bowater House. Privacy is assured and will be respected. If you need anything during your stay you are welcome to call on the owners, but otherwise you will be left to enjoy the peace and quiet of this special place.
Bedroom & shower room
Bedrooms: Double with wardrobe and storage space
Large shower and WC
Pet - Boweater Cottage is a no pet property.
- Lounge with central heating
- Kitchen - electric hob, oven, full-sized fridge, full-sized freezer, microwave, toaster - and a pulley in the vaulted ceiling for drying clothes
- Table for 2 in the lounge
- All the utensils you will need
- FreeView TV & DVD
- Towels & linen included
- No smoking property
- Energy included
- Parking by the cottage
- No washing machine - there is a self-service laundry adjacent to the Costcutter shop
- Starter pack of liquid soaps in the toilets plus toilet paper, 2 black bags, 1 bottle of surface cleaner, scourer, cleaning cloths
Loch Goil Trails - FREE Local Walking Guide
- Finding the cottage: We make it easy. A detailed map and directions will be emailed on receipt of the final payment
- Entry: A key safe code is sent with the directions. You are not met my anyone - you let yourself in
- Arrival & departure: From 4pm on arrival until 10am on departure
- Shopping: Small grocery store in the village, Costcutter mini-market 1 mile away, ASDA home deliver to this cottage
When you book to come and stay we include a FREE copy of the Loch Goil Trials Guidebook in your holiday home. Lochgoilhead is a sensational walking area. Discover the walks not usually found online. 21 walks from the Rest and be Thankful down the glen to Carrick Castle. Easy to muscle-crunching, there is a walk here for everyone. Not staying with us? You can order a copy for £7 (UK postage) Order your copy HERE.