This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Braidhaugh Holiday Park
We are situated in the heart of Crieff in Perthshire,along the banks of the River earn.We have fully serviced hard standing touring pitches,Glamping wigwams and holiday lodge rental with hot tubs.The wigwams are all on flat surfaces with one very small step to the door ( 4",101millimetres)The lodges have two/three steps up to the doors
the touring pitchs are all on flat gravel covered ground.A pitch near the disabled toilet/shower is available on request
We have a wheelchair accessible toilet and shower,laundry and washing up room
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01764652951 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full details and maps are available on our website at www.largoleisure.co.uk.Gleneagles train station is the nearest to us and is 10.9 miles away,an eighteen minute drive.Crieff taxis have wheelchair accessible vehicles on request.
- The nearest bus stop is just outside the park gates,surrounding streets are flat,paved and even.
- Mobility aids are available to hire from perth at www.medihireandsales.com.Guests requiring oxygen are able to have this delivered prior to their stay.Shopmobility in Perth is another invaluable asset with many different kinds of equipment on hire
- Our site information,tariffs and access statement is available in large print on request.
Car Parking and Arrival
- The park reception has a gravel car park with space for 12 vehicles,it is open 7 days a week from 9am until 5pm.An on call system is available on a 24 hour service.All guests are given the emergency phone number,it is also displayed on the recption door and in the laundry.Guests are asked to park in the main car park while checking in,access to the park is via an electronic barrier card system,space for one car is available at each pitch/lodge/wigwam.
- Extra cars,or cars accompanying a motor home will need to go on the main car park(Fire safety precaution)
- There is a ramp available from the car park to the reception block and also two small steps (4"101 millimetre steps)
- Flooring in reception is laminate and carpeted,reception is light spacious and well lit ,comfy armchairs and coffee table in reception.The area is well lit with overhead lighting and large window
- Pen and paper and magnifying glass are available for guests and assistance is available to all guests if needed
- The door opening is 32" 812 millimetres wide
- Fully serviced hard standing pitches,and staff are available to help if required.
- parking allowed on all pitches except motorhomes who will need to put car on car park
- Electricity,water and TV hook up on all touring pitches,TV aerials available from reception
- Chemical disposal available on site
- Assistance dogs very welcome,water available at reception
- washing up facilities in laundry room,washer, dryer and iron and ironing board
- Guests are able to request specific pitches when booking or book online
Caravan Holiday Homes & Chalets
- We have four Riverside Lodges with hot tubs-sleep 4 people,one double bedroom and sofa bed in lounge
- we have one two bedroomed lodge with hot tub
- We have 4 glamping wigwams
- Please refer to our website for specific details for each type of lodge
Toilet & Washing Facilities
- We have a toilet/utility block with level access,small step or ramp. which was completely refurbished in 2016.
- We also have a designated wheelchair user toilet and shower,door is 38" wide.
- WC is 19",490 millimetres with a four foot space next to it
- It has vertical and horizontal grab rails
- It has a lever sink,shower chair and shower
- There is an emergency pull cord which has a flashing red light and siren
- Well lit with fluorescent lighting
- The floor is non slip laminate
- main toilet block has 3 shower cubicles and 4xWC's
- Parking is available outside the launderette
- Small step in or guests can use the small ramp
- Top loading,coin operated washer and ryer
- adjustable ironing board and iron
- Well lit with fluorescent lighting and tiled floor
- Door opening is 38"(965 millimetres)
- Open space is five square feet
- Small shop in reception selling mainly sweets and drinks.
- nearest supermarket is Co-op which is wheelchair accessible
- Small display rack and drinks fridge
- No background music playing,important to be able to hear each other
- staff available to help if required.
Grounds and Garden
- All the paths are flat,level surfaces.gravel,tarmac and paved areas
- All public areas are pained white and blue,
- Free Wifi available
- Good mobile phone reception
- Local GP unit in Crieff,nearest hospital in PerthAll guests made aware of fire evacuation policy and fire points and equipment clearly signed
- Plan to make enquiries re hearing loop
- plans being drawn for new cafe and spa , important to ensure accessibility
- Will continue to improve website and social media pagesto make accessible for all guests
- promote new booking system where guests now have the chance to choose their pitch from the comfort of their own homes at their own time and pace
Address (Inc postcode):
Braidhaugh Holiday Park South Bridgend
Hours Of Operation:
9am to 5pm 7 days a week
Local Equipment Hire:
Red Cross Perth www.medihireandsales.com Shopmobility Perth
Local Accessible Taxi:
Local Public Transport:
Bus from park entrance to local towns and attractions