Privately situated at the end of a single track road out of the town, Citadel Cottage benefits from peaceful surroundings yet is only a five minute walk to the town of Stromness. Surrounded by stunning views this sweet cottage makes for a perfect romantic getaway.
Accommodation and Location
- Small yet perfectly formed the cottage is well equipped and tastefully decorated with traditional local artwork throughout.
- The multi fuel stove in the lounge keeps the cottage cosy or on warmer summer evenings enjoy the sunset from the bench in the garden.
- There are beautiful walks in every direction from the doorstep, especially the walk to the shore where you may be lucky enough to spot some seals.
- Orkney offers so much to see and do and this is a great base with archaeological sites such as Skara Brae and the Ring of Brodgar less than twenty minutes drive away.
- The cottage itself is charming and after a days touring you can enjoy an evening in front of the fire and watch the changing sea views.
- Internet access.