Set in mature grounds, Coig na Shee is a distinctive 1903 lodge with stylish ensuite rooms, each furnished to the highest standards.
The rooms at Coig na Shee range in size from the cosy to the enormous with double, twin or king-sized beds. The atmosphere is relaxed and the welcome is genuinely warm, with peace, quiet and great breakfasts.
Coig na Shee is situated in the tranquil setting of Newtonmore, in the heart of the beautiful Spey Valley on the A86 (Fort William) and a few minutes from the A9 (Perth - Inverness).
Situated within the spectacular Cairngorms National Park, we are in an ideal position for walking, climbing, biking (the Laggan Wolftrax mountain bike centre is just minutes down the road), golfing, skiing, riding, canoeing and other watersports. Otherwise just come and explore the beautiful countryside at a leisurely pace, the Wildcat Trail being right on our doorstep.
Newtonmore is in the heart of 'Monach of the Glen country', much of the filming for the popular BBC drama series was made in the village and surrounding area. During the making of series 4 & 5, Coig na Shee was used as a private residence by several principal cast members.
We look forward to having you to stay with us.
- From the south, turn off the A9 (Perth - Inverness road) for Newtonmore on the B9150 then turn left onto the A86 Fort William Rd (Laggan Rd) at the Clan MacPherson Museum in Newtonmore.
- From the north, coming from Inverness and Kingussie follow the A86 through Newtonmore turning right at the Clan MacPherson Museum. Then follow the A86 for half a mile, Coig na Shee is on the right hand side, with a white fence and large signs.
- From the west, coming from Laggan & Fort William we are on the A86 on the left hand side just past the Calder River bridge heading into Newtonmore.
- Getting there by railway:- Arrive at either Newtonmore or Kingussie stations (on the Perth to Inverness line)and we can collect you from either one. Please advise at the time of booking, your arrival time, so we can make arrangements to meet you.
- Getting there by aeroplane:- Fly to Edinburgh, Glasgow or Inverness Airports then travel by either car, bus or train to get to Coig na Shee.
Transport and Parking
No Pets Allowed
|1.The Larches - King room ensuite||£110 Per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|2.The Beeches - King room ensuite||£110 Per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|3.The Firs - King room ensuite||£110 Per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|5.The Pines - Twin room ensuite||£100 Per room per night (breakfast inc.)|
|The Pines||£85 Per person per night (breakfast inc.)|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.