Sleeping up to 16, this gorgeous old corn mill has been renovated to a high standard while maintaining the beautiful features of its heritage. It sits on the edge of the Victorian village of Grantown on Spey with easy access to amenities.
• Spacious & bright lodge over two levels
• Sleeps up to 16 guests
• Open plan Lounge, Dining & Kitchen
• Log burning stove (Starter pack of logs supplied)
• Spa with Japanese bath and sauna
• 2 x King size master rooms with en-suites (ground floor)
• 1 x family room with double bed and full-sized bunk beds (sleeps 4 adults) (ground floor)
• 1 x family room with double bed and two full-sized bunk beds (sleeps 4 adults) & snug & ensuite
• 2 x King size rooms with Jack n Jill en-suite (lower ground floor)
• 1 x ground floor family bathroom
Outside at a Glance
• Views over the Cairngorm Mountains
• Hot Tub (16 Robes and slippers provided)
• Pizza oven & BBQ area
• Outdoor dining areas
• Secure garden
• Kids play area
• Private off-Road parking
• Kadai Firebowl
• Across the road from the award winning Craggan Outdoors, for plenty of outdoor activities.
• Free Wi-Fi
• Large Freeview TV (Lounge and Bedrooms)
• DVD players and DVD Library
• Highchair & Cot (cot linen not provided)
• All crockery, glassware, bedlinen and towels for full occupancy
• Heat & Power usage included in rental
Craggan Mill has served both the local crofting and gentry society over the years. Originally a corn mill fitted with an overflow waterwheel served by a mill race, the mill had been converted for modern times into a restaurant, before becoming this beautiful holiday lodge. The current owners have done an incredible renovation of this important building, with everything finished to a very high standard and very well kitted out but maintaining its charm and heritage. The original fixed water wheel has even been lovingly restored and is a unique icon of this lodge.
The interior open plan design lends itself perfectly for family or friends holidays, where you can gather round for great food, wonderful whisky and plenty of laughs. This focus on providing the perfect social space continues outside with BBQ, Pizza Oven, plenty of dining & sitting space, loads of space for the kids to play and of course the hot tub.
The lodge is set over two levels. Entering through the front door brings you to the upper floor, where you will find 4 bedrooms (2 with en-suite), the large open plan kitchen / living / dining area, a bathroom and utility room. On the lower floor you’ll discover 2 more bedrooms with ‘Jack n Jill’ en-suite and the Japanese Spa & Sauna, and access to the outdoors and hottub from the bedrooms.
The outside space is very well thought out with different sitting and relaxing areas situated around the south & west sides of the lodge. Outside the kitchen door is the Pizza Oven and BBQ area, with space for a bar and eating all together. Outside the lower floor bedroom doors is a seating area to enjoy a sunny lazy morning coffee. The hot tub is just beyond this seating area, and the kids play area sits to the other side. So, plenty of space to gather… or to escape for a moment’s peace.
The attention to detail and stunning renovation never fails to delight our guests, the first thing we hear is “Oh the photos just don’t it justice!”
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.