Criffel View is an exclusive, private, 5-van touring site, set in the beautiful Dumfrieshire countryside, on a small hill above the village of New Abbey. The site is situated a couple of miles back from the Solway Firth, with views to the south (on a clear day) across to The Lake District peaks. The site is attached to a working farm.
- Large, fully serviced hard-standing pitches, with individual electric, water and waste points
- Modern bespoke luxury shower block with two separate rooms, both with a shower, toilet and wash hand basin
- excellent disabled facilities, with one of the rooms having a larger wet room
- the block is open all year, close to all pitches and has central heating
- Several picnic tables throughout for your use
- Free WiFi (signal can vary and bandwidth is limited at times. Not always suitable for streaming)
- Mobile signal. Vodafone has nearby 4G mast, with very good voice & data coverage throughout. Other mobile operators have limited coverage and are less suitable for data.
- Lighting on the site is limited to enhance the dark sky effect
- Hedges and borders planted to benefit wildlife
- Feeders near pitches for visitors to enjoy our large variety of birds
- Mini museum of vintage tractors and implements
- Dog friendly - the area surrounding the site is a dog walker's paradise!
- Walks from the farm in several directions, including the lovely village of New Abbey, a 15min walk away with lots of amenities including a shop, pub, award winning tea room, historic Sweetheart Abbey and a Corn Mill.
- Slightly further afield there are coastal villages to visit along with castles, gardens,
bird/ nature reserves, 7stanes cycle tracks and farm shops all within easy reach.
The site is also on the amazing SWC 300 driving route.