Sitting in a lovely quiet spot, just a mile west of the village of Fortingall, Croftgarrow Steading is a large two-bedroom property sleeping 4, all on one level in large grounds with uninterrupted views to the surrounding valleys and hills.
Forming part of a pretty farm conversion in rural Perthshire, Croftgarrow Steading was converted from an ancient stone building to a beautiful, contemporary home in 2008.
The house consists of one double and one twin bedroom, each with a large luxurious bathroom including double shower, double-ended bath, heated mirror and towel rail.
The rest of the property is then taken up with the main living space: a vast open-plan area containing the farmhouse kitchen, dining space and plenty of seating areas. A large wood burning stove forms the centre piece to this space and double glass doors to the east and south lead out to the private garden with a hot tub, via a lovely furnished verandah. The back drop to the garden is open fields and hills with wonderful views wherever you look.
A great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this fabulous house and we are confident that the attention to detail will ensure that our guests will have a truly luxurious experience in a house that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor. Our aim is for all our guests to feel special and very spoilt from the moment they arrive.
The chances are you may feel you never want to leave the house! But, if you do decide to get out and about and do some exploring, there is an endless list of activities on offer in the area, together with countless tourist attractions and places of interest to visit. This area of Highland Perthshire is full of history, stunning scenery and all the walking and climbing you could possibly ask for - from a gentle stroll to Munro bagging, and it is all on the doorstep at Croftgarrow Steading.
This outstanding 5 star property benefits from:
• Bose music system to all rooms, DVD player and surround sound to main sitting area. Sony Bravia 40 inch TV
• Sky TV to the living area and both bedrooms
• Wii games console with a selection of games
• Wi-Fi network throughout the house
• Brittania range cooker with gas hob
• Electrolux dishwasher, washer-dryer, fridge, freezer and combination microwave oven
• Exceptionally well equipped kitchen with many extra appliances including bread maker, coffee machine and ice cream maker
• Solid wood kitchen finished in oak and granite
• Bastille flagstone floors to the kitchen and hall
• Travertine floors and walls to the bathrooms
• Duravit and Matki bathroom fittings
• Dimmer switches and mood lighting panels
• Underfloor heating throughout
• Hot tub, barbecue and outdoor furniture
• Quality beds with cosy mattress toppers for extra comfort and luxury bed linen
• Sumptuous fluffy towels and bathrobes and complimentary Arran Aromatics toiletries
• Welcome tray which includes fair trade tea, coffee and sugar, home baking, local free range eggs and a basket of fresh fruit, along with one or two other little surprises!
The pretty conservation village of Fortingall, with its thatched cottages, hotel restaurant and bar, is within walking distance. The village is also the home of the oldest living tree in Europe! Loch Tay is just a mile or so away and if you drive a further three miles east, along Loch Tayside, you will find the charming 16th century conservation village of Kenmore which boasts an excellent selection of restaurants, bars and shops including The Courtyard Deli which will deliver to Croftgarrow Steading. This popular village also offers many sporting activities which include two golf courses, water sports, horse riding and cycling.
The small town of Aberfeldy is only 10 miles away and has a full range of shops, banks, medical centre, garage for fuel and servicing, dentist, Post Office and the new Breadalbane Community Campus which houses a library, indoor swimming pool, gym, climbing wall and many other great facilities.
We offer short breaks for a minimum of 3 nights. Prices for 2012 are as follows:
30th March to 25th October - £995 / short break £725 (3 nights weekend or 4 nights mid week)
26th October to 20th December - £700/ Short break £525
Christmas and New Year - £1200/ Short break £850
So, if you are looking far more than a touch of luxury, perhaps for a special occasion such as a honeymoon, anniversary or birthday treat, then Croftgarrow Steading is the perfect place in the perfect location.
|Croftgarrow Steading||£1,100 Per unit per week|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.