This historical Campsite was used by the Duke of Cumberland's soldiers after the battle of Culloden in 1746 whilst his men were on hot pursuit of the famous Bonnie Prince Charlie. These facts were discovered by the architect assigned to our project whilst investigating marker stones on the boundary of the new site. Further investigations and a metal detector survey of the area turned up several unused musket balls along with some other small artefacts which proved the theory right. (Hopefully these will be returned to us for display purposes).
Based in the central Highlands of Scotland it offers the perfect place to stay for camping whilst exploring the hidden side Glens of Loch Ness and hill walks with outstanding scenery.