Eastside Byre Cottage
Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty this cosy self-catering home in the hills is part of the beautifully converted Eastside farm stead. A wonderful country cottage just 10 minutes from Edinburgh in the Pentland Hills Regional Park. Visit our beautiful, rugged landscapes. Enjoy long walks in the heather hills then curl up in your cosy cottage by a log fire. Being so near to Edinburgh brings you the best of town & country all year round.
- The Byre is the largest of our cottages and is great for up to 6 people.
- Ideal for families or groups of friends; wanting to excape to a hilltop hideaway!
- Two bedrooms, an en-suite double and a twin-room, provide ample space for 4 people with an optional 2 on a comfortable sofa-bed. The sofa bed is in the corner of the large upstairs living room and is as private as any bedroom once the door is shut - any morning hustle and bustle in the kitchen / dining room below shouldn’t disturb any snoozing occupants!
- The grand, double height kitchen / dining room is very well equipped with underfloor heating for toasty feet at all times!
- Upstairs the living room makes a perfect place to relax with a wood burning stove and exceptional views to the surrounding hills.
- In summer the cottage garden gives peace, privacy and tranquillity with views up to the heather-covered hills of the Pentlands.
- Make the most of the spectacular hillside location. Take to the hills on the one of the many scenic walks on the farm and beyond, observe farming life in action or watch the wildlife - peragrines, ravens, badgers and hares!
- Visit Edinburgh attractions, shopping & eateries, a 10 minute drive
- Rosslyn Chapel nearby
- Visit the Outlander locations of Glencourse Kirk, Hopetoun House, Lithlithgow Palace, Culross, Falkland & Doune Castle from a base at Eastside.
- Visit the new gin distillery at the Secret Herb Garden
Availability and booking:
Please contact us for availability and booking on 01968 677 842 or email us on email@example.com
For further information and image gallery visit our website.
We have another two cottages to choose from, The Steading and The Stable, see the links below. For bigger parties and weddings we can rent all three cottages for a village atmosphere.
For more information on the Cottage & the Farm see our website with what's on guide and webcam! For bookings, availability and enquiries please contact us via our website www.eastsidecottages.co.uk.
'Up, Up and away, what a splendid place to stay!' Terry Gray & Nigel Clements