With white sandy beaches on the doorstep, secluded bays, and an impressive range of wildlife including whales, porpoises, otters, seals, eagles, puffins and much, much, more, what more could you ask for?
We have 3 self-catering holiday cottages let on a weekly basis (New House, Gallanach cottage and Seileachan). The Isle of Muck is about 2 hours from the mainland, and ferries depart from both Mallaig and Arisaig.
Gallanach cottage (weekly lets, Saturday-Saturday) - tel: 01687 462362 or email: email@example.com
Available to let all year round. Short breaks considered out with peak periods.
Gallanach (sleeps 7, 3 bedrooms, (2020 from £300- £540/week including bills)):
A traditional stone built cottage, full of character, located on the white sandy beaches of Gallanach bay, with breathtaking panoramic sea views of Eigg, Skye and Rum. It is quiet and peaceful, yet offers a wonderful location from which to explore the island. Watch the seals frolicking in the bay, eagles glide above your head, or your children play on the beach, or escape to the hill for a walk. The log burning stove is ideal for those inclement days when it's wonderful to curl up with a good book!
Sitting room & diner: A comfortable sitting room with log burning stove and pulley clothes airer above, oak flooring, leather sofas and dining table and chairs. The cottage has central heating with plenty of hot water. There are also a selection of cards, games, jigsaws, books, DVDs, radio and TV (for DVDs only).
Kitchen: You will be blown away by the views from the kitchen window as the coastline of Muck rolls out in front on you, with the Isle of Eigg as the backdrop. The kitchen is well equipped with a fridge/freezer, gas cooker, microwave, washing machine, kettle and toaster.
All bedrooms have luxurious mattresses, feather duvets and pillows, and quality cotton sheets.
Bedroom 1: A light and airy room with a kingsize double bed, with bedside cabinets, drawers and rocking chair, and views of the mature garden. Also space for a cot.
Bedroom 2: A large family room, with a double bed and single bed, and space for a cot if required, along with bedside cabinets and storage cupboards.
Bedroom 3: A room with spacious bunk beds and a set of drawers.
Bathroom: A traditional bathroom, with a large cast iron bath, and over the bath power shower, sink and toilet.
The garden has a picnic table for those enjoyable mealtimes outside with breathtaking views.
Wi-fi (fast) is throughout the cottage.
NB. There is an uneven footpath leading up to the cottage.
Location: Conveniently located metres from the beaches of Gallanach bay, on the north side of the island. It is just over a 1 mile from Port Mor, where the piers, tearoom, and the Community Hall are located, and 20-30 minute walk to CAMAS Mor (SSSI), and 30-40 minute walk to the top of Beinn Airean, Muck's highest point, which commands fantastic views of Muck and the surrounding islands. An ideal base from which to explore. NB. There is an uneven footpath leading up to the cottage.
- Getting Here:
Ferries to and from Muck sail from Mallaig and Arisaig, 40 miles from Fort William. It takes about 2 hours on the ferry, and is all part of your holiday adventure. You may even see a whale or porpoises on the way! The details are as follows:
• Caledonian MacBrayne (MV Loch Nevis) - www.calmac.co.uk tel: 01687 310240 option 2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. NB. Summer timetable sails to/from Muck Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun. Winter timetable sales to Muck Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat.
• Arisaig Marine (MV Sheerwater) - www.arisaig.co.uk tel: 01687 450224. Email: email@example.com. NB. Sailings are only between April - September, leaving Arisaig at 10am. Please check their website for further details.
The closest airports are Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. You can then either drive to Fort William, and then on to Arisaig or Mallaig to catch the ferry, or get the train from Glasgow direct to Mallaig. The Caledonain Sleeper train is also a superb way to travel from London to Arisaig or Mallaig.
- Advanced booking recommended
- Travel cot and high chair available on request (please bring your own cot bedding)
- Payment by BACS, cash or cheque - we are unable to process credit/debit cards
- All bills are included
- All linen is provided. Please bring your personal towels (unless by prior arrangement). Hand towels for the kitchen and bathroom are provided
- Cottage is to be left clean and tidy upon departure
- Please bring all food for your own catering (there is no general store on Muck). Though local produce such as Isle of Muck shellfish, lamb, eggs and seasonal vegetables are often available
- There is a Co-op in Mallaig, and Spar shop in Arisaig, and a general store on the Isle of Eigg. You can either purchase supplies before you arrive, or supplies can be sent over on the ferry using these stores). Details will be provided when you make a reservation
- The Craft Shop & Tearoom is open April-September (please tel: 07908956822 to enquire about opening times), and sells homemade soups, sandwiches, toasties and cakes. A great place for morning coffee, lunches and afternoon teas. The Craft Shop also sells some crafts and stocks a few provisions
- Well behaved dogs are welcome.
- Short breaks are available during the low season
- Longer residential stays also available for monthly lets out of season (reasonable monthly rates), suitable for those who would like to work, study or simply relax and be part of a small west coast Community
- No smoking is permitted in the cottages
To reserve a holiday cottage, or for further information please contact Ruth MacEwen email: 01687 462362 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website: www.isleofmuck.com