Unique and remote, Glen Affric Youth Hostel is a former stalking bothy on the Affric Estate, now modernised with a wind turbine and solar panels to provide warm water and electricity. It has a comfortable common room and kitchen area, heated by wood and coal fires, and two private rooms as well as group accommodation.
Our eco-hostel offers an unforgettable experience in one of the most beautiful glens in Scotland - a wide river valley surrounded by breathtaking mountains. Eight miles from the nearest road, Glen Affric is a haven for walkers, nature lovers and those seeking solitude. On the doorstep are 15 Munros and, for walkers and mountain bikers, good tracks wind through the valleys.
The hostel is only accessible on foot or by mountain bike, so please allow at least 3-4 hours to walk there. Its unique location is the closest you’ll get to an alpine hut in Scotland and a great experience waits for anyone prepared to make the effort to visit.
- There are no signs to the hostel so a good map, compass, torch and appropriate clothing are essential.
- There is no WiFi and very limited mobile phone reception.
- There is no refuse collection, so anything you bring with you will need to leave with you.
- There are no shops, so bring enough food and drink for the duration of your stay.
- You will also need to bring your own sleeping bag, and appropriate clothing.
For best available rates and access to saver rates for private rooms please book direct with www.hostellingscotland.org.uk If wishing to book a youth hostel as a RentaHostel for Exclusive Use, or when booking for 10 or more people, please contact us direct to discuss the rates we have available and your specific requirements. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 0345 293 7373 (office hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).