CORONAVIRUS GUIDANCE – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE.
We are well into this pandemic. The only thing for certain is, nothing is for certain. I have personally booked my own short breaks and holidays for later in 2021. I did so knowing that the local rules may change, but also with the view that things will get better. It fair lifts the spirits to have something to look forward to. In that light we take your booking in good faith that the lockdown restrictions will have been lifted and visitors are welcome. In the event that lockdown changes in any part of the UK that will stop you coming, you will be offered a change of date (subject to any upwards price change), a credit, or a refund minus a £25 admin charge. Please understand that this offer is based on the rules at the time and not on if you ‘think’ the rules will change.
I always travel with insurance. You have the option of taking Booking Protection. This will cover you in the event of illness and other causes as explained in their cover. If you are planning well in advance, or booking a high value holiday, we recommend you consider this. Leonard Gow.
4 bedrooms – sleep 8 ⬥ 2 bathrooms ⬥ Large enclosed garden ⬥ Pet welcome
A traditional four bedroom detached villa in the centre of the Lochgoilhead. It looks out on to the Arboretum from where you have access to a playground for the youngsters, as well as a choice of marked walking trails to the Donich Falls, Dukes Path and the Cowal Way.
The enclosed large garden is a sheer delight and would be any child’s dream; it is private and full of mature trees, plants and shrubs. For those cooler days there is a summer house, chiminea and fire pit. A pleasant place to relax while taking in the mountain views.
The ground floor lounge seats up to 8 guests, has a square bay window, an open fire with old Dutch tiles and a stone hearth, a piano and an extensive library. Across the hall is a modern well equipped kitchen which is open plan to the dining room, complete with a multi fuel stove. Wonderful social space for enjoying family dining. Also on the ground floor you will find a spacious shower room plus a utility area with access to the back garden.
On the upper level there are four good-sized bedrooms and a bathroom.
Howebank is ideal for a family looking for the space to relax, lettings the children out to play in a safe area, at the same time as being in the heart of the village.
Off-road parking for 1 car as well as sweet parking if required to the front of the house.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- Bedroom 1 – King size double
- Bedroom 2 – Double
- Bedrooms 3 and 4 – Twins
- All bedrooms are carpeted and have wardrobes or storage space
- Ground floor shower room
- Ist floor family bathroom with hand held shower
- Lounge with open fire and a piano
- SKY TV + Netflix, DVD with a selection of DVD’s
- Dining room – seating for 8, multi-fuel stove
- Modern kitchen, electric cooker, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher
- All the utensils you will need
- Washing machine
- Books & games
- Bed linen provided – please bring your own towels. Optional towel pack available on request
- Travel cot and high chair
- Iron & ironing board
- No smoking property
- Oil central heating throughout – Energy included
- Starter pack for the open fire and multi-fuel stove of kindling, fire lighters and logs.
- Starter pack of liquid soaps in the toilet plus toilet paper, 2 black bags, 1 bottle of surface cleaner, scourer, cleaning cloths
- PETS – 1 dog is welcome – £30 charge – please advise at time of booking
Loch Goil Trails - FREE Local Walking Guide
- Good housekeeping deposit – £100
We require a GHD from you representing your agreement to leave the property as found. The owner may claim for any loss or damage, extra cleaning costs, smoking in property or undeclared over-occupancy. You pay this by a pre-authorised debit or credit card the day before arrival. The pre-authorisation is released within 3 days of departure, unless there is a claim.
- Finding Howebank Holiday Home: We make it easy. A detailed map and directions will be emailed on receipt of the final payment
- Entry: A key safe code is sent with the directions. You are not met my anyone – you let yourself in
- Arrival & departure: From 4pm on arrival until 10am on departure
- Shopping: Small grocery store in the village, Costcutter mini-market 1 mile away, ASDA deliver to this holiday home
When you book to come and stay we include a FREE copy of the Loch Goil Trials Guidebook in your holiday home. Lochgoilhead is a sensational walking area. Discover the walks not usually found online. 21 walks from the Rest and be Thankful down the glen to Carrick Castle. Easy to muscle-crunching, as well as the popular dog walks, there is something here for everyone. Not staying with us? You can order a copy for £7 (UK postage) Order your copy HERE.