Klobister offers exceptional self-catering holiday accommodation for up to FIVE people. Built in 2009, it is an immaculate, comfortable and spacious three bedroomed bungalow, set within over an acre of private garden.
Klobister is tastefully furnished and thoughtfully equipped, to be truly “your home from home” as you enjoy the tranquility and splendour of Orkney. Klobister is equipped to address the needs of the discerning holidaymaker, with comfort, cleanliness and convenience as priorities. It can accommodate up to FIVE people in three bedrooms.
There is parking for several cars, a ramp to the front door, and it is designed to be accessible for people with disability. It is NON-SMOKING.
There is under-floor central heating (with individual room thermostats), a heated towel-rail in both bathrooms, an integrated dishwasher and fridge/freezer in the kitchen, and a washer and separate tumble drier in the utility room. Electricity, heating, towels and bed linen are provided.
There is large patio at the rear of the bungalow, surrounded by a fully-enclosed area of garden, which is ideal for relaxing and for children to play.
The stunning panoramic view includes tranquil farmland, beaches, bays, cliffs and islands, stretching across the Pentland Firth to the mountains of the Scottish Mainland.
The accommodation comprises:
- Spacious LOUNGE with panoramic windows. Flat screen TV, DVD player, music centre with iphone dock, computer with internet access. Supply of local maps and guide books for your use.
- Well-equipped KITCHEN / DINER with double oven, ceramic hob, microwave, and dining table. Denby pottery and Le Creuset pans. Tastefully fitted with light oak units and integrated appliances.
- UTILITY ROOM which houses the washer, tumble drier, boot rack and a store of garden chairs.
- BEDROOM 1 with a king-size bed, mirrored sliding-door wardrobes, bedside cabinets, dressing table and drawers. EN-SUITE with double size Mira power-shower.
- BEDROOM 2 with double bed, bedside tables and mirrored sliding-door wardrobes with shelving.
- BEDROOM 3 with single bed, bedside drawers and wardrobe.
- HOUSE BATHROOM with bath and separate Mira power-shower.
Klobister is situated in Deerness on the East Mainland – a beautiful part of Orkney which is especially restful and unhurried. If you’re looking to get away from it all there are peaceful walks to near-deserted beaches at Sandside and Newark Bays.
Yet just a few minutes by car will take you to Iron age and Norse monuments, an RSPB reserve, spectacular coastal scenery, craft workshops, World War II defences, good pub food, and a well-stocked shop.
Within a ten minute drive from Klobister:
- The Gloup (a spectacular collapsed sea cave), from where you can walk to:
- The Brough of Deerness (topped by ruins of a Norse chapel)
- Mull Head RSPB Reserve & visitor centre (200 acre RSPB reserve)
- Covenanters Memorial
- St.Ninian’s Church
- Mine Howe (Iron age archeology)
- Sheila Fleet Jewellery (workshop and outlet)
- Rerwick Head Coastal Defences
- Dingieshowe Beach and Broch
- The Churchill Barriers (including scuba diving in Scapa Flow)
- The stunningly beautiful Italian Chapel
Klobister is also ideally situated for visiting South Ronaldsay with all its attractions, such as the Hoxa Tapestry Gallery, Orkney Marine-life Aquarium and The Tomb of the Eagles.
It is a two-minute drive to Deerness Stores (a small General Store with Post Office and petrol pump), ten minutes to the Airport, and fifteen minutes into Kirkwall.
|Klobister||£385.00 Per unit per week|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.