In 1862, half a mile east of the settlement of Linside, the Duke of Sutherland built one of his model farms overlooking the Kyle at Linsidecroy.
Here you are in the midst of Sutherland’s spectacular and rugged Highland landscape surrounded by an abundance of wildlife, fresh air, forest and waterfall walks.
The steading cottages sit within six acres of lovingly maintained, south facing hillside grounds of Linsidecroy which include tumbling burns and a small walled garden (open to the public at times).
In 1992 the current owners converted two thirds of the courtyard steading into two extremely comfortable self catering holiday cottages. These cottages were fully refurbished during the winter of 2012/13.
Whilst adjoining, the self catering cottages are totally independent of one another; each have two of their own entrances, private outdoor seating areas, separate parking spaces and neither one looks into or onto the other, and yet the pair could still be taken as a single unit for larger parties.
Creatively and imaginatively furnished, with carefully chosen lighting and pictures, the self catering cottages are tastefully put together and both provide incredibly comfortable holiday accommodation.