With white sandy beaches on the doorstep, secluded bays, and an impressive range of wildlife including whales, porpoises, otters, seals, eagles, puffins and much, much, more, what more could you ask for?
We have 3 self-catering holiday cottages let on a weekly basis (New House, Gallanach cottage and Seileachan). The Isle of Muck is about 2 hours from the mainland, and ferries depart from both Mallaig and Arisaig.
New House holiday cottage (weekly lets, Saturday-Saturday) - tel: 01687 462362 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available to let all year round. Short breaks considered out with peak periods.
New House (sleeps 10, 4 bedrooms, (2020 from £300-£600/week including bills)): The cottage on the beach! Yes, New House has stunning panoramic sea views and is only a few metres from the white sandy beaches of the stunning Gallanach bay, as well as a large seal colony.
The cottage is an original timber cottage, dating from the 1920s, and is clad in cedar shingle, with plenty of character throughout with internal wood lining and solid wood floors.
Sitting room: A spacious cosy room, with fabulous sea views from the window seats, and a log burning stove, idyllic for cosy evenings in front of the fire. This room is a favourite place to snuggle down with a good book, or socialise with friends and family. There are also a selection of cards, games, jigsaws, books, DVDs, radio and TV (for DVDs only), and also a piano.
Kitchen/diner: There is a traditional rayburn with pulley clothes airer above. This is the heart of the house, and a comfortable room for everyone to gather round for meal times. The kitchen is well equipped with a fridge/freezer, gas cooker, microwave, washing machine, kettle and toaster.
All bedrooms have luxurious mattresses, feather duvets and pillows, and quality cotton sheets.
Bedroom 1: A spacious kingsize double bed with a sea view. There are also bedside cabinets, dressing table, oak drawers and comfortable chairs. This room can also accommodate a cot and/or a campbed for wee ones.
Bedroom 2: A twin bedroom with an armchair to enjoy the sea view, bedside cabinet and a large set of drawers.
Bedroom 3: A twin bedroom next door to the bathroom, with bedside table, dressing table and comfortable armchair.
Bedroom 4: A cosy bedroom with 4 single beds, above the kitchen and benefitting from the warmth from the rayburn.
Bathroom: A traditional bathroom with a spacious cast iron bath and a over bath shower, sink and toilet.
The lawn has two picnic tables to make the most of al fresco dining, making for unforgettable evenings absorbing the breathtaking views.
Wi-fi throughout the cottage.
Location: Conveniently located a few metres from the main beach in Gallanach bay, on the north side of the island. It is 1 mile from Port Mor, where the piers, tearoom, and Community Hall are located, a 20-30 minute walk to CAMAS Mor (SSSI), and 30-40 minute walk to the top of Beinn Airean, Muck's highest point, which commands fantastic views of Muck and the surrounding islands. An ideal base from which to explore. NB. There are stone steps leading up to the cottage.
- Getting Here:
Ferries to and from Muck sail from Mallaig and Arisaig, 40 miles from Fort William. It takes about 2 hours on the ferry, and is all part of your holiday adventure. You may even see a whale or porpoises on the way! The details are as follows:
• Caledonian MacBrayne (MV Loch Nevis) - www.calmac.co.uk tel: 01687 310240 option 2. Email: email@example.com. NB. Summer timetable sails to/from Muck Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun. Winter timetable sales to Muck Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat.
• Arisaig Marine (MV Sheerwater) - www.arisaig.co.uk tel: 01687 450224. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. NB. Sailings are only between April - September, leaving Arisaig at 10am.
The closest airports are Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. You can then either drive to Fort William, and then on to Arisaig or Mallaig to catch the ferry, or get the train from Glasgow direct to Mallaig. The Caledonain Sleeper train is also a superb way to travel from London to Arisaig or Mallaig.
- Advanced booking recommended
- Travel cot and high chair available on request (please bring your own cot bedding)
- Payment by BACS, cash or cheque - we are unable to process credit/debit cards
- All bills are included
- All linen is provided. Please bring your personal towels (unless by prior arrangement). Hand towels for the kitchen and bathroom are provided
- Cottage is to be left clean and tidy upon departure
- Please bring all food for your own catering (there is no general store on Muck). Though local produce such as Isle of Muck shellfish, lamb, eggs and seasonal vegetables are often available
- There is a Co-op in Mallaig, and Spar shop in Arisaig, and a general store on the Isle of Eigg. You can either purchase supplies before you arrive, or supplies can be sent over on the ferry using these stores). Details will be provided when you make a reservation
- The Craft Shop & Tearoom is open April-September (please tel: 07908956822 to enquire about opening times), and sells homemade soups, sandwiches, toasties and cakes. A great place for morning coffee, lunches and afternoon teas. The Craft Shop also sells some crafts and stocks a few provisions
- Well behaved dogs are welcome.
- Short breaks are available during the low season
- Longer residential stays also available for monthly lets out of season (reasonable monthly rates), suitable for those who would like to work, study or simply relax and be part of a small west coast Community
- No smoking is permitted in the cottages
To reserve a holiday cottage, or for further information please contact Ruth MacEwen email: 01687 462362 or email: email@example.com
Visit our website: www.isleofmuck.com