South Lodge is a cosy retreat that sits right at the entrance of the grounds of the impressive 18th century stately home Paxton House, near the village of Paxton (0.5 miles).
The South Lodge is a fully refurbished cottage situated at the entrance to Paxton House. This self catered apartment is pet friendly and comes with parking, a garden and access to all of the houses’ grounds.
Sleeping 2 people, the lodge has a very cosy feel with an open fire in the sitting room and a spacious double bedroom. There is also a fully equipped kitchen with a small modern dining area.
With a variety of local shops, restaurants and tourist attractions, South Lodge is the perfect holiday cottage to escape to.
- The grounds include woodland and riverside walks with an adventure playground for the kids.
- There is also discounted entry to the house for the guided tours and boat trips for all the family to enjoy.
- The Stables Tearoom and Regency Shop offers you a 10% discount during your stay with us (collect your discount card from the shop).
- The Stables Tearoom offers takeaway meals with tea and coffee from 10 – 5pm 7 days a week.
The accommodation also benefits from being in close distance to the following facilities:
- Chain Bridge Honey Farm, a great local attraction just 2.6 miles away, with a free visitor centre and café in a double decker bus.
- The Cross Inn pub, just a 5 minute walk away in the Paxton village, with friendly service and great home cooked meals
- 4.6 miles to Berwick upon Tweed mainline railway station, with frequent direct services to Edinburgh and Newcastle.
- 4.5 miles to either Morrisons or Tesco supermarkets in Berwick upon Tweed.
- Berwick town centre offers are number of bars, restaurants and shops, as well as great beaches, museums and galleries.
- Bus service into Berwick upon Tweed from Paxton village year round, and outside Paxton House itself during the Summer
To enquire or book an apartment, please click here to be redirected to our booking agent, Unique Cottages, or call them on 01835 822277.
Paxton House is 3 miles from the A1 Berwick upon Tweed Bypass on the B6461.
The East Coast Main Line railway station is in Berwick upon Tweed, 3 miles from Paxton House.
The Number 32 'Paxton House Bus' leaves Berwick Monday - Saturday from April to October.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.