The Peedie Hostel ('peedie' is Orcadian for 'small') is a quaint hostel overlooking the harbour in the town of Kirkwall and is located within easy strolling distance of the Main Street and many local attractions.
For more information visit our website
Read our TripAdvisor reviews here
- 2 single rooms
- 4 twin bedded rooms
- 2 x 4 bed family or dorm rooms
- 3 kitchens - all fully equipped including fridge, cooker, microwave and conventional oven. One of the kitchens has a washing machine and tumble dryer (coin operated). Washing lines in the courtyard may be used.
- Free wireless internet access throughout property.
- Free on-street parking adjacent to the building.
- 3 bathrooms.
- Residents lounge with large flat screen TV (some rooms have their own TVs).
- Linen - linen (except towels) provided. Towels can be supplied on request for a small fee.
- We also have a few luggage lockers for departing guests who wish to leave their belongings whilst going out for the day but who are not staying the next night. Key rental for these lockers is £1.00.
Each room has its own key and the hostel and its facilities are open 24/7 giving guests complete freedom during their stay. We also understand that travel to and from Orkney sometimes involves checking in or out at odd times and this can be accomodated,However if you intend to arrive after 9pm then you must prebook at least 24 hrs in advance
The Peedie Hostel is within walking distance of all that Kirkwall has to offer. You can visit our magnificent St Magnus Cathedral (see St Magnus Cathedral tour times ), Earls & Bishops Palaces Kirkwall , Orkney Museum , Highland Park Distillery and the many local shops on the main street you can find out more here
The Pickaquoy Centre is also nearby, with swimming pool, cinema, kids activities and so forth.
Kirkwall has a good bus route to other areas of Orkney in the West and East Mainland, visit here for timetables
|Single Room||£25 Per person per night (room only)|
|Twin Room||£40 Per room per night (room only)|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.