The Robinson Crusoe Cottages are peacefully located in a quiet corner of Lower Largo, a picturesque East Neuk seaside village set within a few strides of the beach and the Fife Coastal Path, and just a short drive from Elie Holiday Park.
If you love getting away to coastal Fife and the East Neuk, you'll love the Robinson Crusoe Retreat Cottages in picturesque Lower Largo. Ideal for couples of families, there's a choice of one or three bedroom cottages perfectly located within a few strides of the beach and the Fife Coastal Path, and just a short drive from Elie Holiday Park. Dogs are welcome and there's free Wifi too.
103 Robinson Crusoe Retreat is peacefully located in a quiet corner of Lower Largo, a picturesque East Neuk seaside village, within a few strides of the beach and the Fife Coastal Path, and just a short drive from Elie Holiday Park.
Set over two levels, the unique holiday accommodation has been beautifully restored to make the most of traditional features and comprises three bedrooms, a bathroom, a separate shower room with wc, a spacious open-plan living/dining area and a fully fitted kitchen (including: fridge-freezer, electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine).
The master and upper twin bedrooms afford superb sea views over the rooftops towards the sea. At bedtime, keep the windows ajar and you can hear the tranquil sound of the waves lapping along the shoreline - magical.
The Retreat is part of the delightful Crusoe Building, a B-listed property which lies on the original site of the birthplace of Alexander Selkirk - the original castaway that inspired Daniel Defoe to write the tales of Robinson Crusoe. Thoughtfully decorated with an eclectic collection of Robinson Crusoe memorabilia, the retreat offers a truly unique holiday experience.
Free WiFi is provided in Robinson Crusoe’s Retreat for your enjoyment.
There is a small garden to the rear and guests are also welcome to enjoy the bar, restaurant and free entertainment at nearby Elie Holiday Park at their leisure (10 mins drive). Elie Holiday Park can also be accessed via the Fife Coastal Path (3 miles) and is home to the UK's only Robinson Crusoe Adventure Park - great for kids.
Please note that the Robinson Crusoe Retreat is accessible via several steps to the rear of the property, with entry at the first floor level. One of the twin bedrooms has adult-sized bunk beds.
Linen and towels included
Included within the price of your holiday is freshly laundered linen and towels ready for your arrival (except for cots).
Short-term Lets Licence
FI 00150F – 103 Main Street
Energy Performance Certificate rating - Band D
Directions from Edinburgh, Glasgow and the West
- Take the A92 to Glenrothes,
- At the Preston roundabout, take the 3rd exit for the A911 to Leven,
- At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit for the A915 to St Andrews / Leven,
- Continue along the A915 for 4.1 miles, following signs for St Andrews until you reach Lundin Links,
- At the junction of the Lundin Links Hotel, take a right onto Emsdorf Street and follow this to the end of the road,
- At the T-junction, turn left onto Drummochy Road over a small bridge and past the Crusoe Hotel to your right,
- Continue straight ahead onto Main Street and drive past Largo St David’s Church on your left and Largo Baptist Church on your right,
- Continue ahead past the ‘Very Crafty’ shop on your left. The Robinson Crusoe Retreat is a little further along on the left (look out for the Robinson Crusoe statue outside).
Directions from Dundee, St Andrews and the North
- Take the A915 from St Andrews to Upper Largo,
- At the T-junction, turn right following signs for A915 to Kirkcaldy,
- Continue for 0.5 miles and turn left onto Durham Wynd,
- Continue along Durham Wynd until you reach a T-junction and signs for Main Street and the Robinson Crusoe Statue,
- Turn left onto Main Street and past the ‘Very Crafty’ shop on your left. The Robinson Crusoe Retreat is a little further along on the left (look out for the Robinson Crusoe statue outside).
Transport and Parking
Active and Adventure
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.