In an elevated position on the Southern tip of the Island, these two delightful properties command stunning views over the Ayrshire and Wigtownshire coastlines, westwards to Ireland and beyond. Come away over and enjoy the peace and tranquility - www.shannochiearran.co.uk
Arran is a walker’s paradise and a golfers dream! Come away over, and make yourselves at home.
Enjoy the unique atmosphere of Arran from the perfect base at Shannochie. Relax in the peaceful surroundings or explore all the joys the island has to offer. Many are drawn back year after year …. Arran is addictive!
Shannochie Cottages are semi-detached, but offer complete peace and privacy on the southern tip of the island. Originally a farm steading, renovated in 2001, Barnstable (barn and stable) and Eryb (byre backwards!) both have a spacious layout which has been very tastefully designed to result in two individual homes.
Barnstable has one of the most panoramic views on the island – from the Ayrshire Coast, down past Ailsa Craig (Paddy’s Milestone), the mouth of Loch Ryan to Wigtownshire, across to Ireland, Sanda (Spoon Island, you’ll soon see why!!) and back up the Argyll peninsular from the Mull of Kintyre – and most of this can be seen from sitting in the sun lounge! What a treat my guests have!
Everyone has to sleep sometime, so when not soaking in the atmosphere there is a double bedroom downstairs with two twin bedrooms upstairs. A bathroom with shower cubicle is on the ground floor, with additional shower and toilet upstairs. Barnstable also has the additional joy of an open fire in the lounge for those cooler winter evenings.
Eryb, on the other hand, is all on one level with very easy access. A double and a single bedroom. Eryb is unique in that it hosts its very own “Stone Circle Garden” as featured on UK Style’s “Gardens Unplugged” TV garden makeover programme.
Both cottages are owner maintained, and are fully equipped – electricity and bed linen included. Each has it’s own access with patio and fenced private garden.
Weekly or longer breaks available, short breaks too ….. and don’t forget your pet is very welcome, by arrangement!
And now for a little about our surroundings …….
So much in such a small place – something for everyone!
Go ahead, you know you want to – just press the button and book the holiday you have been waiting for!
For those who haven’t made their minds up, a selection of comments from previous guests –
· “I usually have low expectations of holiday houses – but this time you’ve really ‘raised the barn’! Lovely house, spectacular location and sunsets to die for!! 08/2001
· “Terrific location, great hospitality, and the best walks in Scotland” 05/2002
· “First rate accommodation – best ever! Walks & wildlife wonderful, Scenery & sunsets (and rainbows) spectacular ……” 04/2004
· “Ahh….rran, what a beautiful cottage to spend a relaxing week …” 01/2005
· “Great family holiday with excellent accommodation” 07/2006
· “Another fantastic week – must be good – it’s our 4th time …..” 07/2007
· “All excellent, Fantastic place” 09/2008
· “Heaven!” 08/2009
· “One word – fabulous! Had a great time in a great house. Will most certainly be back ….” 02/2011
· “Beautiful house, Beautiful surroundings, and the best of hospitality!” 04/2012
|Barnstable||£500 Per unit per week|
|Eryb||£380 Per unit per week|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.