We have an excellent well kept sheltered flat grassy park for campers here at Skeld Caravan and Camping Park (23 metres x 50 metres) which can accommodate around 15 tent pitches. We also have a choice of two hard standing areas for 19 caravans and campervans. One of which borders the grassy area near the amenity building and the other has beautiful views overlooking the harbour and marina, the area is lit at night.
Caravan and motorhome – £20 per night
Tents with one person is £12.00, each extra person is £2.00, Children free.
A new purpose built amenity building was opened in 2009 which provides easy access for wheelchair users. The facilities include:
- Toilets and showers which are fully equipped with the required rails and handles for disabled users
- A kitchen area with toaster, kettle, microwave, fridge, dishes, tables and chairs
- A laundry room with washing machine, dryer, pulley, iron and ironing board. There is also outside drying facilities including washing line, pegs and a basket
- Indoor board games
- Information leaflets and brochures
We also have good on-site facilities which include:
- Public telephone
- Wildlife hyde – which is good for spotting birds, seals and otters
- Picnic tables between pitches, some with table top games on
- Play areas at the school and a play park next to the hall, all within a five minute walk
- Electric power points provided for each pitch
- A chemical toilet disposal and waste water disposal on site
- Dogs are also allowed on site
You can also buy fresh shellfish from the local fishermen who often land crabs, lobsters and scallops at the pier.
Other close by amenities include:
- A new grocery shop has just opened in Bixter approx. 8 miles away.
- A nearby Coop, which is just 10 miles away
- A local bus service which leaves once a day and connects to the main service at Bixter. This will then take you onto Lerwick.
- A filling station
- A gas truck which comes to the area every week. Where we can we will help with any supplies, gas exchange etc.
- To view local places of interest on the Westside such as Culswick, Westerwick, Sand and Reawick please click here.