Sweeney's Bothy is a simple one room contemporary space. Get away from everything to this cosy space with peace and spectacular views and... relax.
Bothy life is quiet. Slow. It's about enjoying the time it takes to do the simplest things.
Sweeney's Bothy is a cosy contemporary one roomed space with all you need - a warm comfortable bed above, space to stretch out and live in below. A stove, a table, a library snug and a cosy armchair. It's a unique experience - from taking a shower in the open air, to falling asleep to the gentle sounds of nature....and no other noise.
- Wood burning stove to heat the bothy, and cook on. It also has an oven.
- Equipped kitchen with single gas ring.
- Hot water from solar panels when the sun shine and from a back boiler in the wood burning stove for when it doesn't.
- Organic, fair-trade cotton bedding and towels.
- Organic wool duvet and mattress topper.
- Recyled furniture, with a twist
- Spring water.
- Library snug with a collection of maps, local interest books and an eclectic mix of fiction and non-fiction.
- Art works left by some of the artists who have lived in Sweeney's Bothy.
- An outdoor shower and compost loo with a view.
- Midge screens on all the windows, meaning you can keep cool & midge free on warm summer nights.
- The Isle of Eigg is not connected to the national grid, instead it generates almost all of its electricity from renewable sources. Sweeney's Bothy generates its own electricity with two photo voltaic panels, so it's off-off grid!
- The bothy has no fridge, but we provide a cool box and ice blocks.
- Smoke & carbon dioxide alarms, fire blanket, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and emergency alarm.
- To protect the precious natural habitat around Sweeney's Bothy, we use organic and biodegradable cleaning products and provide our guests with soap, shampoo and washing up liquid.
- We will pick you up from the pier on your arrival to Eigg and take you back at the end of your holiday. If you have any questions about travel logistics (lots of people do!), then please do get in touch.
- Please note, Sweeney's Bothy is up a steep, unmade 150 metre path.
For six months of the year, Sweeney's Bothy provides space for artists to come and work. If you're an artist you can find out more about these residencies and sign up for the newsletter on The Bothy Project's website
Public holiday lets and artists' residencies alternate month to month. If there ia no availability in the month you want that may be because that is an artist residency period. Please try the next month.
Please see our images on Instagram hereTo get to the Isle of Eigg, you catch a ferry from Mallaig. Caledonian Macbrayne operates the Small Isles ferry service to Eigg, Muck, Rum and Canna all year round. During the summer months from late April to September you can also travel from Arisaig. For ease, we've put both timetables one our website here.
COVID-19 risk assessment completed
COVID-19 measures in place
Deep cleaning between visitors
2m distancing in place
Internet Banking Transfer
Transport and Parking
On Public Transport Route
|Sweeney's Bothy||£550 Per unit per week|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.