CORONAVIRUS GUIDANCE – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
. Coronavirus is a known risk. When government rules allow travel it means we have to protect ourselves, not only physically, but with our travel plans.
WE WILL COVER YOU
in the event that lockdown changes in any part of the UK that will stop you coming, you will be offered a change of date (subject to any upwards price change), a credit, or a refund minus a £25 admin charge. Please understand that this offer is based on the rules at the time and not on if you ‘think’ the rules will change.
YOU SHOULD TAKE PRACTICAL STEPS
to cover yourself for the likes of illness etc. by adding the optional Booking Protect insurance offered during the booking process - or - the Post Office are providing
TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH COVID-19 COVER
. Click on link for a quote. Book your holiday and come and enjoy Argyll.
2 bedroom ● Sleep 4 ● Dog Welcome ● Minimum 2 night stay
WELCOME TO THE SAW MILL
The Water Mill, built in 1905 to service the grain on what was the Glendaruel Estate, and subsequently used as a Saw Mill, has been tastefully converted over the years while still retaining its character. Now used as a quality B&B and two self catering options: The Saw Mill and The Joiner's Shop.
The property sits within a beautiful secluded garden, complete with the original Mill Pond and streams that generated the power to service the mill. The Water Mill offers a truly chill-out and deeply peaceful break. When you are ready to venture out to do things you will find its location on the Cowal Way long distance path, complete with a collection service at the end of your days walking, is just one of the things to do in the area.
You enter the Saw Mill into the large and roomy lounge, with beamed ceiling, and an open plan kitchen and dining area. With a pot bellied wood burning stove it is a wonderful space to return to after your walking or touring to in the evening. There is a BBQ and sitting area on the patio which has views over the garden.
Bedrooms and bathroom
- Bedrooms - two twins
- All beds have electric blankets
- Shower room
- Property all on one level
- Private entrance to the rear
- Suitable for assisted wheelchair user
- Kitchen includes: dishwasher, freezer, fridge, 4 ring hob, oven and bread-maker
- Dining area seats 6
- Towels & tea towels provided
- TV with SKY
- Central heating • Energy included
- Wood burning stove – logs provided
- Toiletries, tea coffee and biscuits
- Private parking
- Wi-fi -in the lounge of the adjacent Water Mill
- No smoking please
One pet welcome - £15 up to 4 days / £30 week
Available iin the lounge of the adjacent Water Mill but not in the Saw Mill.
- Finding the Saw Mill: We make it easy. A detailed map and directions will be emailed on receipt of the final payment
- Entry: You collect the keys at the adjoining Water Mill.
- Arrival & departure: From 4pm on arrival until 10am on departure
- Shopping: Grocery store in the village of Tighnabruaich. Nearest supermarket is in Dunoon.
- Travel & Ferry information: An easy and fun way to arrive is via the frequent 20 minute Western Ferries trip from Gourock to Hunters Quay. Just turn up, no need to book. You can buy your ticket on board, but there is a real saving to be made if you stop before getting to the ferry at a newsagents on Shore Street called Pauls Food and Wine. From Hunters Quay it is a one hour scenic drive (22 miles) to Tighnabruaich. Alternatively it is a scenic drive via the shores of Loch Lomond and over the Rest-and-be-Thankful viewpoint to arrive via the north of Cowal.