Tower Farm Holiday houses are located on the south east coast of Scotland, lying in the county of Berwickshire, in the Scottish Borders. We have two large self catering holiday houses available for short breaks midweek and weekends, as well as weekly and fortnightly holidays.
Red Gauntlet and the Farmhouse have 5 bedrooms each and can sleep 10 people in each. The houses can be booked separately or together allowing large groups and parties of 20 to holiday. The houses are popular for family gatherings, birthday and anniversary celebrations, reunions and special parties because of the large size of the bedrooms, the good communial space and the Farmhouse has a dining room that can seat 20 people with all the crockery, cutlery and glassware for a three course dinner. So everyone can get together for a celebratory meal; either cooked by yourself or you could get help from local outside caterers.
Red Gauntlet - Everyone who stays in Red Gauntlet comments on the amazing space and comfort the house provides - a home away from home. Red Gauntlet has been awarded 4 stars from VisitScotland, the national tourist board for Scotland www.visitscotland.com
- Red Gauntlet is a superb house furnished to a high standard witha modern kitchen, equipment and utensils. There is a large kitchen table that seats 10 people and plenty of space for everyone to gather and chat. Two fridges for food and refreshments, two ovens and the essential dishwasher. Plus a handy utility room with sink, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Red Gauntlet has a generous sized sitting room with flat screen TV and DVD player, lots of board game to keep everyone entertained in the evening. Plus Wifi throughout the house.
- The heating is underfloor and controlled by thermostats in each room, allowing guests to control the warmth.
- The 5 bedrooms are spacious with quality beds, bed linen and towels which are provided. Cots and bedding can be supplied too. One bedroom is a double downstairs. And the bedrooms upstairs can be twins (two singles
- Three separate shower rooms, one ensuite, one downstairs and one with a bath.
- The garden is relaxed with a large picnic table and BBQ which is accessed from the kitchen glass sliding doors.
- There is a garage which can be used for storing bikes, outdoor sports equipment and a drying pulley for wet suits.
The Farmhouse is the original farmhouse property on the steading and dates back a couple of hundred years in parts. It has been extended by various owners in the past and now is a sizeable property. The Farmhouse has been awarded a high 3 star rating from VisitScotland. Everyone who stays in the Farmhouse comments on the space and how they love the real fire in the sitting room and the spacious dining room.
- The Farmhouse kitchen is a good size and is well equiped for providing for ten or twenty people. There is a large electric range cooker with 2 ovens and 5 hobs. Two fridges for food and refreshments and the essential dishwasher. And there is a utility room with sink, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- The Farmhouse sitting room is cosy and comfortable especially with the real fire which we provide kindling, logs and coal; making it easy for your to enjoy. There is a flat screen TV and DVD player, lots of board games to keep everyone entertained and wifi throughout the house.
- The heating is via radiators with thermastats and can be controlled by you, the guests.
- The 5 bedrooms vary in size with one double bedroom downstairs and four bedrooms upstairs. Two of the bedrooms upstairs can be made in to super kingsized bed or a twin room (2 single beds). The other two rooms are set up as twin rooms - two bedrooms with two single beds in each. Cots and bedding can be provided on request.
- There is a shower room and a separate bathroom with shower over the bath. There is a toilet and wash hand basin downstairs.
- The Farmhouse garden is lovely and big. Lots of space for everyone, for running around, kicking a ball and having a BBQ. A picnic table and BBQ area are at the side of the house, sitting in a little sun trap.
- There is a garden shed with key for storage of bikes and outdoor equipment.
Lovely views of the sea and coastline from the house and easy to get to local beaches such as Pease Bay, Coldingham Bay, The Cove, Whitesands and John Muir Country Park near Dunbar.
There are many outdoor activities to take part in on the door step and places of interest to visit.