WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT WESTERING COTTAGE
A private location at the same time as being steps from the village and the feeling that you could not be any closer to the water without getting your toes wet.
If it is a loch view property in a private setting you are looking for, then Westering Cottage certainly ticks those boxes. Located on the private Inverlounan Road on the east shore of Loch Goil you benefit from the sun all day until it dips over the mountains in the west. With a mature and private garden this cottage is a real sun trap. The pictures speak for themselves. You can't get any closer to the loch without actualy being in it. There is a parking bay for one car at the entrance to the cottage. 17 steps down from the entrance to access the cottage. The garden surrounds three sides of Westerings. There is a grassy sitting area on one side which has access from the sliding doors in the dining area. To the front is a smaller patio area. There is a sea-wall from the garden down to the shore. There is no access from the cottage direct to the shore. The first thing that strikes you on entering the cottage is just how light it is. The floor to ceiling windows brings the view right into the living areas. The spacious lounge and dining area is set up so as to maximise the view. With the large windows and patio doors in the lounge this is a bright and airy property. The kitchen has a breakfast bar which opens up into the lounge. There is a storage heater in the hall. All other rooms have portable heaters. Beds are made up for your arrival. Please bring your own towels.
- BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS
- Bedroom 1: Twin beds and a dressing area with access to the family bathroom. Loch view. There is a fold down chair bed in this room suitable for a child.
- Bedroom 2: Bunk room with loch view
- Bathroom: Direct access from the twin bedroom, shower over the bath
- Family bathroom with shower over bath and WC
- Adjoining cloakroom with a 2nd WC and hand-basin
- HEATING - A NOTE FOR WINTER GUESTS
- The large windows in the lounge and bedrooms are a key feature of Westering Cottage. They seem to bring the view right into the room. There is no central heating in the cottage. The lounge has an electric fire plus an oil filled space heater. Both bedrooms have portable heaters. The bathroom and WC have heated towel rails. Heating is turned on in advance of guests arrival. It is important to note that if you encounter a really cold spell of winter weather you may well need a sweater or two.
Online Travel Guides
- Wi-Fi - BT Broadband
- Open plan lounge and dinner.
- Sliding doors access to the garden from the lounge
- Large picture windows in the lounge - there truly is the feeling that you are right on the waters edge...
- TV - Freeview
- Well equipped kitchen with breakfast bar area
- Washing machine and dryer clothes horse
- Cot & highchair
- Fenced garden overlooking the loch
- Garden furniture
- Linen (Duvets)
- Car port for 1 car
- No smoking property
- Energy included
- Starter pack of liquid soaps in the toilets plus toilet paper, 2 black bags, 1 bottle of surface cleaner, scourer, cleaning cloths
- Sorry but no pets allowed
The guides open in a new window as .pdf's.
- LOCHGOILHEAD - How to get here, places to eat, things to do - full of practical information
- ACTIVITIES - An introduction to what there is to do in the village and area
- WALKING GUIDE - LOCAL WALKS - Including the popular doggie and local walks
- EATING OUT - The easy way to find out places to eat in and out the glen
- GET AFLOAT - Sight-seeing cruises, boat hire or join a group canoe trip - they are all in this guide
- RAINY DAYS OUT - Never be stuck for somewhere to go
- PLACES TO STAY - A listing of all the Lochgoilhead Holidays properties