Westside Woodshed Cottage
The Woodshed is a modern architectural gem just 10 miles from central Edinburgh. At the end of a winding farm track, this luxury self-catering hideaway is surrounded by the rugged heather hills & glens of the Pentland Hills Regional Park. Sleeps 2.
Nestled within the heather-clad hills of the Pentland Hills Regional Park, this architect designed timber cottage blends perfectly into its surroundings, the perfect country hideaway for two. Visit our beautiful, rugged landscapes. Enjoy long walks in the heather hills then curl up in your cosy cottage by a log fire. Being so near to Edinburgh brings you the best of town & country all year round.
- The Woodshed is an architect designed contempory holiday cottage in the hills perfect for 2 people.
- Ideal for couples wanting to escape to a hilltop hideaway!
- Crafted from whitewashed wood panels, the light & airy double-height space takes on a Scandinavian feel.
- The open plan kitchen/ living area has a wood burning stove and stunning views to the hills.
- Upstairs the bedroom mezzanine (with king size bed) overhangs the living space.
- Modern bathroom with slate rain shower.
- Sit out under the stars in the wood-fired hot tub.
- The Woodshed is your perfect hideaway surrounded by a 3,000-acre estate.
- The Woodshed has just been commended in the Saltire Society's Housing Design Awards.
- Make the most of the spectacular hillside location. Take to the hills on the one of the many scenic walks on the farm and beyond, observe farming life in action or watch the wildlife - peragrines, ravens, badgers and hares!
- Visit Edinburgh attractions, shopping & eateries, a 10 minute drive.
- Rosslyn Chapel nearby.
- Visit the Outlander locations of Glencourse Kirk, Hopetoun House, Lithlithgow Palace, Culross, Falkland & Doune Castle from a base at Eastside.
- Visit the new gin distillery at the Secret Herb Garden.
Availability and booking:
Check availability and book here.
For further information and image gallery visit our website.
We have a further three cottages on the other side of the glen at Eastside. See all ouf our cottages here.
For more information on the Cottage & the Farm see our website with what's on guide and webcam!
'If in this mordern wold you have forgotten the sound of the cuckoo & curlew or sight of the wild hare, then this is the place for you...' Barry & Hilda
Active and Adventure
No Pets Allowed
Health & Wellbeing
Transport and Parking
Awards & Schemes
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.