Abriachan Forest, situated in the hills above Loch Ness, will play host to a storytelling event each month of 202.
Abriachan Forest, situated in the hills above Loch Ness, will play host to a storytelling event each month of 2022, delivered by a mix of local storytellers, musicians, natural historians, geologists, astronomers and a fire dancer!
Some events will take place round a cosy campfire, while others will see participants on the move, exploring the forest’s path network. From star-gazing in this Dark Skies Discovery site to churning butter on the way up to the shieling, all events will have audience participation and stories firmly at their heart.
• Haggis Handwarmers Round the Fire, 29/01/2022.
• Enlightening Tales of Dark Matter with Professor Martin Hendry, 25/02/2022.
• Reach for the Moon with Professor Catherine Heymans, Astronomer Royal for Scotland, 13/03/2022.
• Search for the Still – Gaelic tree stories trail searching for an illicit still, 01/05/2022
• Midsummer at the Shieling – songs and stories with Fiona, 21/06/2022
• Tales of the Peat Bank – ethnobotanical tales and crafts, 19/07/2022
• Things on the Wing – Highland wildlife tales and crafts, 15/08/2022,
• Follow the Funeral – and a ciste of Gaelic place names, 20/09/2022
• Bats in our Buildings – bat-related facts, tales and crafts plus astronomy, 29/10/2022
• Star Navigation – lanterns and stories in the yurt, 26/11/2022
• Sun Standstill and Fire Dancer, 21/12/2022
Please note event details may change, please find up-to-date information on Abriachan Community’s Facebook page.