Gifford Village Gifford EH41 4QY (The Gardeners of Gifford): The gardens vary in size and type, from the compact and informal to the large and formal, with a wide range of plants, shrubs and trees. Gifford was laid out in the early 18th century and has retained much of its original charm. The village includes a beautiful church built in 1708, the Lime Avenue of Yester House, a community woodland and a wide range of gardens — all within walking distance of each other.
Broadwoodside Gifford EH41 4JQ (Anna and Robert Dalrymple): The garden at Broadwoodside is planted in and around a farm steading rescued from dereliction. While people often talk of starting a new garden with a blank canvas, Broadwoodside was more like painting by numbers – planting the garden has been like an exercise in 'colouring in', with the layout determined by the footprint of the existing buildings and the old walls surrounding them. But, unlike a picture in a frame, a garden is always a work in progress.
This is a fundraising event for the open garden charity Scotland’s Gardens Scheme which raises money for hundreds of local charities.