Splendid 17th century sandstone Scottish baronial house, remodelled in 1829 by William Burn. The gardens include herbaceous border, formal rose garden, Lady Haddington’s Secret Garden with old fashioned roses and an extensive Wilderness spring garden with rhododendrons, azalea, flowering trees and bulbs. Grounds include a one mile beech avenue to the sea. The Romanesque ruin of St Baldred’s Church commands views across the Tyne Estuary and Lammermuir Hills. Tyninghame has been awarded ‘Outstanding’ for every category in the Inventory of Gardens and Designed Landscapes of Scotland. Champion Trees: Two British and seven Scottish
This is a fundraising event for the open garden charity Scotland’s Gardens Scheme which raises money for hundreds of local charities.