The formal walled garden combines the lawn, sculpture and yew hedges, an Apple Walk, extensive herbaceous planting including roses and peonies with an informal arboretum. Splendid 17th century sandstone Scottish baronial house, remodelled in 1829 by William Burn. The gardens include herbaceous border, formal rose garden, Lady Haddington’s Secret Garden with old fashioned roses and an extensive Wilderness spring garden with rhododendrons, azalea, flowering trees and bulbs. Grounds include a one mile beech avenue to the sea. The Romanesque ruin of St Baldred’s Church commands views across the Tyne Estuary and Lammermuir Hills. Tyninghame has been awarded ‘Outstanding’ for every category in the Inventory of Gardens and Designed Landscapes of Scotland.
This is a fundraising event for the open garden charity Scotland’s Gardens Scheme which raises money for hundreds of local charities.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.