Join us at Collective on Calton Hill for a three-day outdoor play extravaganza!
All weekend we’ll be creating opportunities to look, play, and make together as a family, surrounded by panoramic views of the city. Collective play invites children under 12 are invited to explore Collective’s exhibitions and site.
Each day of child-led play will take place from 11am - 4pm, and will focus on a different material supported by an artist; Wood with Naomi Garriock, Clay with Zephyr Liddell and Cloth with Hannah Ayre.
Over the weekend you can:
- Take part in hands-on workshops led by artists
- Pick up a family trail to explore Collective’s grounds and the surrounding park
- Borrow a free Explorer Backpack, containing tools such as binoculars, magnifying glasses and more to aid your discovery
- Play our Cosmic Alien Instructions card game to invent new ways of seeing, sensing, and thinking about our planet. Co-authored by Naomi Garriock and pupils from Leith Walk and Abbeyhill Primary Schools.
- Visit Helen McCrorie’s 'If play is neither inside nor outside, where is it?', an exhibition exploring play and experiential learning
Collective play is free and there's no need to book, just drop by on the day.