Four-week sewing course for those who know how to sew and would like further practice.
This Improvers sewing course is aimed at those who have recently learned to sew and who would like further practice. This is a four-week course that will give you more lovely sewing projects to make. You'll be able to build on the skills learned on any of the Beginners courses, and gain further confidence at cutting fabric, and using a sewing machine. You can also choose to repeat any of the projects you made in the earlier course if you'd like to improve on your first attempt. Perhaps you'd like to try it in a different size? For example the make-up bag can be made bigger for your holiday toiletries, or use the tote bag technique to make bottle gift bags.
Who is this aimed at?
Improvers: those who've completed any of the Beginners courses and would like to continue to practice sewing and making small craft items.
What will I learn?
- further practice cutting fabric and using simple patterns.
- how to neaten up your sewing
- improve your sewing speed and confidence
- Lots more tips for measuring, cutting and sewing your projects
-how to use other materials such as interfacing and wadding
You'll have the opportunity to try the other projects offered in the 4-week Beginners course, such as the tote bag, i-pad cover and make-up bag, as well as some new projects such as a patchwork cushion or a plain cushion with a zip. You can also have another go at your original project if you'd like to improve on your first attempt.
Choose four from the following list:
- lined and reversible tote bag, (or try the bottle gift bag this time)
- tablet or I-pad cover
- zipped make-up bag
- patchwork cushion (or plain cushion with a zip)
- a fabric basket - useful for keeping your sewing knick-knacks
- sewing machine cover to keep your machine dust free.
Artisan Stitch won a Certificate of Excellence in January 2019 and is rated Best sewing classes in Edinburgh.