This exhibition showcases some of the most recent additions to the University of Dundee Museum Collections. Focusing on art and design, it also features objects relating to medicine and life sciences.
Among the highlights are:
· Artworks acquired from graduating students at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design (DJCAD)
· Designs from the former world-famous Dundee greetings card company Valentine & Sons
· Objects relating to drug discovery research
· Original comics art including work by DC Thomson artists Leo Baxendale, John Geering and Barrie Appleby
· One of four paintings by the former Head of Fine Art at DJCAD, Prof Alan Robb (1946-2020), gifted by his family
· Medical equipment used in neurosurgery and ophthalmology
· Examples from a large collection of drawings and designs for public art donated by sculptor and DJCAD alumnus David F Wilson
· A significant sculpture inspired by visionary thinker and polymath Patrick Geddes, donated by the artist Kenny Munro
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.