If you used to sew but are a bit rusty, then this Refresher sewing class is a good starting point to brush up on your dressmaking techniques.
Who is this aimed at?
Anyone who needs to refresh their sewing techniques. You must be able to use a sewing machine confidently, and sew straight accurate seams. You should also be able to thread up, wind bobbins and understand sewing machine tension. If you need help with this, then please consider one of my Beginners classes first.
What will I learn?
I'll take you through some common sewing tasks that you'll need if you'd like to start dressmaking again. Plus there's plenty of my tips to help you achieve a professional finish to your dressmaking projects.
The Refresher Sewing Class will cover:
- various methods of neatening raw edges
- trimming and pressing
- whether to notch or clip curves
- what is staystitching and why you should do it
- when you need to use easestitching
- how to make facings lie flat
- how to sew couture-quality darts
- how to sew in a zip
- what does ‘stitch in the ditch’ mean, and when to do it.
- edgestitching and topstitching to create impact.