Please note: tickets are free for children under the age of 14 when accompanied by a ticketed adult – max. 3 children per adult.
Join us for a unique evening of Scottish bagpiping with one of Scotland’s finest pipers. With a rich array of tunes, tales and even trying yourself, Ewan Boyd will sweep you on a journey into the moving and magical sounds of the chanter and pipes.
Adults and children will be enthralled and entertained by the array of Ewan’s playing, from subtle emotion to feet-stomping, hand clapping rousing jigs. Guests will also be invited to try their hand under Ewan’s supportive guidance and encouragement.
- Tunes n’ reels ‘n a’ that – an introduction
- Piping traditions galore – the stories, history and folklore of the pipes
- How do the bagpipes work? – the nuts and bolts
- 3 glorious melodies – a stirring collection of tunes
- Origins with the practice chanter – watch & learn how the chanter creates the magic of the pipes
- Your turn – turn your hand (and lungs) to the bagpipes!
- Piping tales and tails – the lore and stories of a travelled piper
- Stomp! – a lively grand finally of rousing jigs
Hailing from South Uist, honing his skill further on the Isle of Skye, Ewan Boyd now wows local and international audiences of all ages with his emboldened performances.
A cash bar is available.
This workshop is also being held on September 14th and 21st.