This series of masterclasses will explore some of the fundamentals of creative writing, in the special context of the Studio Pavilion as art space. Through practical and explorative exercises, participants’ skill, confidence and enjoyment in using words as creative material will be developed, supported by reading and discussing writers from across genres and time periods.
Participants are welcome to follow the full course, or drop-in for individual workshops. All reading and writing materials will be provided.
This masterclass focuses on generating the raw material for new writing through quick and playful exercises; drawing upon participant’s existing knowledge and experience as well as the material and sensual world.
Participants will leave this course with:
• Practical techniques and creative approaches for writing
• Appreciation of their existing knowledge, experience and capabilities
• Original writing – ranging from the starting point for a new project through to finished pieces of work
• Expanded knowledge of writers from across genres
• Confidence in sharing writing-in-progress with peers: with the ability to give and receive constructive