This annual weekend celebration of the social and cultural history of the Ross-shire Seaboard Villages will have a special storytelling focus in 2022 for Scotland’s Year of Stories.
Traditional Scottish singers and storytellers will tell tales in English, Scots and Gaelic, exploring the area’s rich Pictish and Viking heritage, as well as its fishing trade. A variety of concerts, workshops, ceilidhs and minibus storytelling trips will take place in and around Balintore. Here are some highlights to look forward to at this fun and informative festival which is suitable for all generations:
• A concert of Scottish songs and stories featuring legendary Scottish folk singer Archie Fisher and professional storytellers Bob Pegg, Ian Stephen and Pauline Cordiner.
• Scots & Gaelic Songs of the Sea and Storytelling workshops.
• Archive film footage of fishing shown by Wick Heritage.
• Fisherfolk Festival Fishing Exhibition including photographs, artefacts and other memorabilia.
• Opening street party with live music, arts and crafts stalls, cookery demonstrations, children's play zone, and net mending, rope work, crab dressing and whisky tasting workshops.
Information about the festival will be available on the Seaboard Centre’s website soon.