Palm Court is an Edinburgh institution that is as glittering as its glass dome and Venetian chandelier.
Set within the heart of The Balmoral, Edinburgh locals have enjoyed the tradition of Palm Court‟s award-winning afternoon tea since 1902.
Palm Court was fully refurbished in September 2013 modernising the room into a light and airy Afternoon Tea lounge. Subtle local references are made throughout the decor such as the thistle patterned sofa material named „Edinburgh‟ by Bernard Thorpe. Contemporary tonal greys are contrasted by splashes of dynamic bright blue whilst the traditional colonial palm trees inject a flash of green.
The walls are adorned with specially commissioned hand-painted De Gournay wallpaper with well known follies of Edinburgh incorporated into the landscape.
A mix of table styles offers the flexibility of traditional seating and more informal casual dining throughout the room.