Complete your Scottish Experience with Haggis served the Traditional Way with neeps & tatties! Vegetarian/vegan Haggis available too. Delicious sauces!
The Haggis Box is a unique Haggis-trying experience located just off Edinburgh's Canongate in the Old Tolbooth Market.
We (Peter and Laura) serve award winning traditional and vegetarian/vegan haggis in the traditional Scottish way - Haggis, Neeps & Tatties*.
It's really important to us that our new-to-haggis guests have a great experience of trying haggis for the first time, and the more seasoned guests have a box of some of the best haggis, neeps & tatties they've ever had!
We'll welcome you in under The Haggis Box canopy, talk you through the menu and encourage you to try Scotland's national dish. Hopefully you'll have time to enjoy the social atmosphere around the box as visitors eat their haggis, enjoy a drink and sample the other food on offer. We can also help with questions you may have about the city and surrounding area!
As we are a Scottish business we use as much local produce as possible:
- Haggis from the Edinburgh butcher Findlays of Portobello, who have previously won the auspicious title of Scottish Haggis Champion.
- Tatties (potatoes) from The Veg Shed in Athelstaneford, East Lothian
- Neeps (turnips) from Perthshire and Berwickshire
- Auchentoshan single malt whisky from Glasgow for the whisky & mustard sauce
- Scottish cream, butter & milk for the sauce & tatties.
In an attempt to be as 'green' as possible our packaging and forks are compostable.
*For those of you who don't know here are the Scots to English translations: Neeps=Turnips & Tatties=Potatoes
Award Winning Traditional
Vegetarian/Vegan Haggis (ve,gf)
from Findlays of Portobello
with Neeps & Tatties
Auchentoshan whisky & mustard sauce (v,gf)
Red wine gravy (gf)