Complete your Scottish Experience with Haggis served the Traditional Way with neeps & tatties! Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free & dairy free options available. Delicious sauces!
The Haggis Box is a unique Haggis-trying experience located on the Royal Mile in the Scottish Storytelling Centre.
We (Peter and Laura) serve award winning traditional and vegetarian/vegan haggis in the traditional Scottish way - Haggis, Neeps & Tatties*.
It's really important to us that our new-to-haggis guests have a great experience of trying haggis for the first time, and the more seasoned guests have a box of some of the best haggis, neeps & tatties they've ever had!
We'll welcome you in to The Haggis Box cafe, talk you through the menu and encourage you to try Scotland's national dish. We can also help with questions you may have about the city and surrounding area!
As we are a Scottish business we use as much local produce as possible:
- Haggis from the Edinburgh butcher Findlays of Portobello, who have previously won the auspicious title of Scottish Haggis Champion.
- Tatties (potatoes) from The Veg Shed in Athelstaneford, East Lothian
- Neeps (turnips) from Perthshire and Berwickshire
- Auchentoshan single malt whisky from Glasgow for the whisky & mustard sauce
- Scottish cream, butter & milk for the sauce & tatties.
In an attempt to be as 'green' as possible our packaging and forks are compostable.
*For those of you who don't know here are the Scots to English translations: Neeps=Turnips & Tatties=Potatoes
Award Winning Traditional
Vegetarian/Vegan Haggis (ve,gf)
from Findlays of Portobello
with Neeps & Tatties
Auchentoshan whisky & mustard sauce (v,gf)
Red wine gravy (gf)
In the cafe, we also have a soup of the day with oatcakes, quiche, porridge and bacon rolls. Great coffee too!