Aberfeldy Golf Club was founded in 1895 when the Marquis of Breadalbane provided an area of land to the Burgh of Aberfeldy for the purpose of sporting activity.
The original golf course was 9 holes and ran along the south side of the River Tay. It was laid out on what was then known as The Cour – grazing ground for cattle. In 1991 the Weem Cow Park, on the north side of the river, was purchased by the club. A new footbridge was built over the river and the course became the 18 holes which we play on today. The new course was opened in time for the club’s centenary celebrations in 1995.
Aberfeldy is a scenic parkland course suitable for all ages. Although flat, there are plenty of challenges to overcome with many water hazards meandering through the course. The two halves of the course run on either side of the River Tay and the surrounding hills can be an attractive diversion.