A hidden gem just seven miles from the heart of Edinburgh, Barnbougle Castle is awakening after nearly a century. Opening in spring 2019, this truly magical venue has never before been open to the public.
With its crow-stepped gables, high turret, sweeping views, many grand reception rooms and beach with private access, Barnbougle Castle provides the perfect setting for the most memorable of events.
Whether you are planning to raise a glass with a few close friends in the Scottish Library, to host a lavish dinner for up to 120 guests in our magnificent barrel-vaulted Banqueting Hall or to raise the roof in a marquee for parties of up to 450 on the Castle lawn, Barnbougle promises you and your guests a special occasion to remember.
Our exclusive catering partner has been chosen for their high level of expertise and individuality.
Renowned for producing real food bursting with flavour, the team will tailor the menu to your taste and unique style of your gathering, leaving you to relax and enjoy every moment spent with family and friends in the enchanting surroundings of Barnbougle Castle.
Unique, outstanding and exclusively yours for a day!
Perfect for every occasion
Whether you are planning an intimate gathering with friends or a ball fit for a princess, Barnbougle is beautifully versatile.
- Exclusive use of Barnbougle Castle for up to 120 guests
- Barrel-vaulted Banqueting Hall, complete with Minstrels’ Gallery
- Six libraries with over 10,000 historical books
- Exceptional cuisine provided by our exclusive catering partner
- Waterside terrace with spectacular views over the Firth of Forth
- Access to private beaches
- Groups of up to 450 can be accommodated in a marquee on the Castle lawn
- Adjacent Castle Park available for even larger groups
- Set in 2,000 acres of private parkland
- Rich and distinguished history
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.