Bolfracks House has had an ornamental garden since the mid 18th century. The gardens are renowned for their impressive collections of rare and unusual plants.
The gardens have a superb collection of rhododendrons, azaleas, acers, old fashioned roses and an array of herbaceous perennials. Facing north with fabulous views over the Tay valley, the garden has undergone many major renovations over recent years.
Much of the garden here today originates from the 1970s and is the work of the late Mr J Douglas Hutchison. The stream garden was planned and constructed by Ian Lawrie of Dundee in 1928 along the course of the Bolfracks Burn. It was restored and replanted from 1983-85.
Please note that the proceeds raised from the admission price of this garden are distributed to charities chosen by the garden owner and Scotland's Garden Scheme.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.