Every foray in the lives of our ancestors is a voyage of discovery which can be exciting and fun. At Borders Ancestry, Susie Douglas MLitt QG a qualified and professionally accredited Genealogist, Local Historian and Writer will be your guide. Whilst Borders Ancestry specialises in the fascinating and unique history of the people and places of the former ‘Marches’ in the Scottish Borders and Northern England, research can encompass anywhere in the UK.
With over 30 years of experience in the field of historical research, Borders Ancestry knows that every case is unique. For this reason all research undertaken by us is bespoke and tailored to the personal requirement of each individual client. Susie offers a comprehensive service which covers all aspects of historical research to ensure your family’s story is full of rich narrative, depth and colour:
• Family History - From simple record ‘lookups’, to extended family trees and books with full colour family history narratives
• Ancestral Travel – Helping you to plan and prepare to maximise the purpose and enjoyment of your trip. Borders Ancestry is on hand to help you achieve your research goals and make your ancestral visit an amazing experience.
• Local History – Covering communities in both the urban and rural landscape, historical events, land, property, social, political and economic change
• Palaeography – The transcription and interpretation of old handwriting including Latin helping you get to grips with contents of Wills and other old documents.
• DNA - The introduction of DNA has opened up the world of family history to a far greater audience than ever before – it is even inspiring ancestral travel! Borders Ancestry can help with simple queries, advice regarding testing options, getting to grips with your results, help with cousin matching and more
• Mentoring – Delivered on a one-to-one basis online, or in small groups in our own well equipped onsite research room. To get you started and keep your research going, to learn about sources of ancestral information, or how to read old documents, the choice is yours
• Writing – From articles for publication on a wide range of historical topics to turning your own research into a book to be enjoyed by your family the generations to come
Whatever your requirements, large or small, or even if you just need a pointer or two to get your own research moving again, please do contact us – Susie Douglas at Borders Ancestry is here to help!
Susie Douglas is a Member of the Register of Qualified Genealogists and an Associate Member of AGRA (Association of Genealogists and Researchers in Archives)