Situated 5 miles north west of Port William, the remains of this small chapel are thought to date back to the 10th century.
This Irish style chapel was excavated in 1950. What emerged was an unusual, yet simple rectangular chapel aligned east-west in the traditional Christina fashion. Just to the north of the chapel, and now just within the wall separating the site from the road, was a stone-lined well. Believed to be named after St Finian of Moville who studied at Whithorn and in Rome before returning to Ireland to teach, Chapel Finian is believed to have once been used by pilgrims on their way to Whithorn.