The Coldstream Museum is located in Market Square in the centre of Coldstream on a historically significant site.
The Coldstream Museum was built on the site of the headquarters of General Monck who was based there before marching on London in 1660 to restore the Stuart monarchy.
In addition to a varied programme of exhibitions and workshops, the museum houses permanent displays exploring the history of the parish, burgh and its people from priory to provost, trade to twinning, and the Coldstream Guards.
Follow the story of the The Coldstream Regiment of Foot Guards at home and away, from the 17th century to the present day. Artifacts on display include those on loan from the Coldstream Guards, the Provost’s robes and chain of office.
Other features include an indoor children's play area, shop and a courtyard with picnic table.