Learn a new skill with horse riding lessons, or enjoy a relaxing trek and explore Perthshire on horseback. For guided hacks and horse riding lessons in Perthshire, Crieff Hydro Riding Centre is an ideal choice.
From beginner horse riding lessons to hacks for experienced riders, Crieff Hydro Riding Centre welcomes horse riding enthusiasts of all ages and abilities. Whether it’s your first time in the saddle or if you’re looking to refresh your equestrian skills, our qualified instructors are on hand to help.
- - Private and group horse riding lessons
- - Lessons and hacks for all levels of ability, from beginners to experienced horse riders
- - Guided treks
- - Children’s pony rides
- - Livery services
- - Tuition and training for British Horse Society (BHS), SVQ and Trekking and Riding Society of Scotland (TRSS) qualifications
Our facilities include:
- Floodlit outdoor arena (20x40m)
- Indoor riding arena (44x22m)
- Hacking trails within our 900 acre Perthshire estate
- Show jumping and working hunter jumps
- Practice cross-country fences
- Over 50 horses and ponies from trusty steeds to forward-going rides
- On-site 4 star hotel accommodation or self catering in great value 3 star Cozy cabins or luxury 5 star lodges
What’s more, Crieff Hydro Riding Centre is not just for guests of Crieff Hydro – day visitors are very welcome too. So whether you’re looking for a horsey day out in Perthshire, or looking to learn a new skill, get in touch to find out more about horse riding at Crieff Hydro.
Open seven days a week, the Riding Centre is approved both by the British Horse Society (BHS) as well as the Trekking and Riding Society for Scotland (TRSS) so you can be sure you’re in safe hands.
Getting here by car
From the South:
• Turn off the A9 north of Dunblane, on to the A822; it's signposted 'Crieff'
• When you arrive in Crieff follow signs for the town centre
• As you pass the main square, turn left up Hill Street - take the second road on the left into Ewanfield
• Follow the road through the Crieff Hydro gates
From the North:
• From the A9, take the A85 to Crieff
• When you arrive in Crieff, take the first road on the right, Connaught Terrace
• Continue to end of Connaught Terrace, and turn right onto Ferntower Road
• Follow the road to the left and take a right at the fork in the road – continue until you arrive at the Riding Centre
Using sat nav to find Crieff Hydro Riding Centre?
Our postcode is PH7 3LQ
Public Transport Directions
Getting here by bus
Regular buses to Crieff run from nearby Perth and Stirling
Getting here by train
Crieff is just 15 miles away from Perth and Dunblane train stations
Getting here by plane
Crieff is just an hour's drive from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Dundee airports
Transport and Parking
Accessible Parking Or Drop-off Point
Partial wheelchair access
Large print, braille or audio
Ramp to main entrance
Partially suitable for visitors with limited mobility
Children's Menu Available
Indoor Play Area
Outdoor Play Area
Baby Changing Facilities
Public Toilet Facilities
Evening Meal Available
Patio or Beer Garden
Cafe or Restaurant
Activity Special Offer
Pre-pay for 6 riding lessons and receive a 7th free
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.