Explore the beautiful refurbished palace with its decorative painted ceilings and furnishings of the period. Behind the palace is the restored 17th century garden, complete with herbs, vegetables and fruit trees.
The Town House, once the legal and commercial centre of Culross, is also open to visitors as is the Study, where Bishop Leighton of Dunblane reputedly composed his sermons.
A DVD about Culross and its inhabitants can be viewed in Culross Palace. The site is owned and managed by the National Trust for Scotland.
- Teddy Bears Picnic at the Palace Saturday 21st May Royal Burgh of Culross
- Teddy, our much-loved bear, will show you and your favourite cuddly toy around Culross Palace and Gardens.
- Age Suggestion: 4 to 8 years olds
- Tours begin at ;11am, 1pm, 3pm
- Lots of activities such as paw printing, storytelling, games, lucky dip and adventures throughout the whole tour.
- Tour/event will last 90 minutes.
- Bring your own packed lunch/snacks to eat in our activity room throughout the tour.
- Adult : £ 8.50
- Child : £ 8.50
Palace Dress up/ Hoots Forever Home Satuday 11th June Royal Burgh of Culross
Culross Palace will be partaking in the Culross Festival by providing all visitors with a glimpse into life in the 17th century with all guides in character/costumes and a bird of prey demonstration throughout the day.
Normal entry fee applies.
- Pirates take over Culross Palace! Saturday 23rd - Sunday 24th July Royal Burgh of Culross
- Culross Palace will be overrun by the Pirates of Clanranald who will be dressed to impress and ready to provide you with a swashbuckling afternoon of entertainment!
- Clanranald's engaging and educational all-action living history re-enactments will be scattered throughout the historic rooms, gardens and courtyards of the Palace. Come along to see what Pirate life was like in the 17th century…… but be careful not to get caught up in a pirate brawl or to be grilled by the Governor!
- Ticket price applies to both Members and Non-Members
- Children under 3 years of age can gain entry free of charge.
- Secure your place and pre-book your ticket, me hearties! Tickets can also be bought on the day.
- Please note that the Palace will be devoted to the Pirate event alone on this weekend and there will be no town tours available on these days.
- There will be loud bangs throughout this event.
- Culross Head Gardeners Garden Tour Royal Burgh of Culross
- 11 Jun 14:00 - 15:00
- 09 Jul 14:00 - 15:00
- 30 Jul 14:00 - 15:00
- 24 Sep: 14:00 - 15:00
- Come along to gain an insight into the workings of Culross Palace garden and pick up tips for your own garden.
- Please wear suitable footwear and come prepared for all weathers.