A perfectly preserved time capsule of the distiller's art.
In light of updated Scottish Government advice regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have taken the decision to close public access to our staffed properties and offices until further notice.
Built in 1898 to supply malt whisky for Wright and Greig's 'Roderick Dhu' blend. See and hear how whisky was made through an audio-visual presentation and free audio guide.
Visitor centre and shop are all on ground level. Due to the many stairs, visitors using wheelchairs should visit only the ground floor levels. There is a picnic area within the grounds, although grassed areas can be soft.
The visitor centre has a multilingual presentation and an audio tour is available to all visitors.
Sound Loop: in the audio visual theatre and cash till area.
Very occasionally the property has to close at short notice due to adverse weather conditions or other reasons out with our control. Please check the Historic Scotland closures page for any unexpected site closures https://www.historicenvironment.scot/visit-a-place/check-for-closures/. You can also follow closure tweets from @welovehistory using #hsclosure. Alternatively please call the site before setting off to check they are open.