World-class mountain biking and cycling trails in the heart of Dumfriesshire. Routes for all levels (green to black), plus bike hire, spares, repairs, bike showers and coaching available on site.
↵*Please note that sadly the trails are closed at this time following severe storm damage* Fancy launching yourself down one of our world-class mountain biking trails? Or perhaps you're bringing the family along for a gentle cycle in beautiful scenery? Whatever your reason for getting on two wheels, you'll find trails to suit all ages and levels of ability at Drumlanrig Castle. Since the introduction of the mountain bike trails in 2002, they have been constantly evolving year on year, providing a new challenge every time you visit. You'll find gnarly ‘old school’ technical, single-track routes, swooping family trails through the beautiful Drumlanrig woodlands and quiet country back roads. Why choose Drumlanrig?
- Different trail types: easy (green routes), moderate (blue routes), and difficult (red routes) , giving you the chance to find the right one for you whether you want to cycle for 3 or 23km.
- Rik's Bike Shed offers bike hire for every age and ability, plus seats, trailers and tags.
- Bike spares, repairs, skills coaching and guiding also available from Rik's Bike Shed.
- Tearoom and adventure playground open during the Estate open season.
- Season passes available offering great value.
Transport and Parking
Type of Ride
On & Off Road
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.