European Bartender School (EBS) and their partners William Grant & Sons have teamed up to create an immersive four-day expedition to the Glenfiddich distillery in the heart of Speyside, Scotland for an intense and enlightening sensory journey through each stage of Scotch whisky production.
Expedition Content Overview
- Stay on-site at the Glenfiddich distillery in private cottages previously only available to VIP guests.
- Malt your own grain to see the germination process transform starch into sugar and understand hoe to calculate yields, test friability, measure gravity, and check the viability of yeast.
- Distil your own batch of whisky, check the copper for cracks, measure remaining copper thickness, and sip raw spirit straight from the still.
- Tour different types of warehouses, see the unique Solera vat and tast whisky stright from the cask.
- Try your hand at cask building under the guidance of master coopers in Glenfiddich's on-site cooperage.
- Develop your palate with whisky experts in exclusive tasting sessions and by blending your own whisky that you can take home as a souvenir.
- 5 nights in a private room in a cottage on-site (with fully equipped kitchens)
- 4 buffet-style lunches
- 1 gala dinner (3-course meal, 4 cocktails and a very special dram)
- 8 coffee/tea breaks