European Bartender School is the world’s leading bartender school. Since 1999, we have trained 50,000+ students worldwide in the art of bartending. We now have 25+ schools across the globe and work with the industry’s elite bartenders.
European Bartender School (EBS) and their partners William Grant & Sons have teamed up to create an immersive four-day expedition to the Glenfiddich distillery in the heart of Speyside, Scotland for an intense and enlightening sensory journey through each stage of Scotch whisky production.
Expedition Content Overview
- Stay on-site at the Glenfiddich distillery in private cottages previously only available to VIP guests.
- Malt your own grain to see the germination process transform starch into sugar and understand hoe to calculate yields, test friability, measure gravity, and check the viability of yeast.
- Distil your own batch of whisky, check the copper for cracks, measure remaining copper thickness, and sip raw spirit straight from the still.
- Tour different types of warehouses, see the unique Solera vat and tast whisky stright from the cask.
- Try your hand at cask building under the guidance of master coopers in Glenfiddich's on-site cooperage.
- Develop your palate with whisky experts in exclusive tasting sessions and by blending your own whisky that you can take home as a souvenir.
- 5 nights in a private room in a cottage on-site (with fully equipped kitchens)
- 4 buffet-style lunches
- 1 gala dinner (3-course meal, 4 cocktails and a very special dram)
- 8 coffee/tea breaks
Public Toilet Facilities
Evening Meal Available
Cafe or Restaurant
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.