Halkirk Heritage & Vintage Motor Centre
An extraordinary collection of vintage and classic motors – nothing else like it in the Far North! Also, a wealth of local and Caithness social history in artefacts, photos and documents. Plus, annual themed exhibitions.
In the Old School and huge new extension to the rear you will find:-
• Superb exhibition of motoring – vintage and classic cars, motorcycles, bicycles, books, memorabilia. A truly wonderful collection in the Far North. A ‘hands-on’ experience - sit in the cars, take photos, make memories!
• Heritage Room packed with artefacts giving a taste of bygone life in the Highlands.
• Reading Room full of local interest books and documents – treasure for the family historian!
• Exhibition Room – themed annually.
• Postcards, books and hot beverages for sale.
We cater for:-
• The family historian – help is at hand
• Wheelchair users and those with limited mobility – entrance and parking to the side of the building
• Group bookings at any time by arrangement – coach parking at front or in main parking area to the rear
• Out-of-hours visits – just call us!
The Centre, which opened at Easter 2022, is owned and run by Halkirk Heritage & Vintage Motor Society (established 2006). The Society holds charity status (SCO46910) and is run entirely by volunteers.
Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
Transport and Parking
On Public Transport Route
Accessible Parking Or Drop-off Point
Wheelchair access throughout
Level access from entrance to reception
Wheelchairs or mobility aids provided
Level access to all public areas
Suitable for visitors with limited mobility
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.